I had a conference call yesterday with two of my closest friends.
Situation: ‘No inter caste marriage is allowed’ is the stand taken by girl’s family.
Boy loves girl and boy’s family has accepted the girl but girl’s family has taken a firm stand.
We are living in the era where technology has made our life much simpler yet we are chain to our orthodox values regarding inter caste marriage.
Even though the guy is a hindu yet family has objection.
I wonder ‘Is the objection because the guy is a hindu or because the girl took her own decision to marry a guy or love marriage’
Isn’t every parents wish that their daughter remains happy then why so much melodrama?
Some things, I can never understand.
Above all, the major hidden factor ‘log kya kahenge’. Does it matter, what will people think? They won’t be there for you when you are sick, why do they matter now?
When does People’s criticism started to matter more than your daughter’s happiness and bright future.
The Guy is highly educated, good nature, belongs to very good family, earns well and is well settled, now you are rejecting just on the basis of caste is stupidity.
Remember few points –
1. Be headstrong, your commitment matters.. Never let your determination to deter..
2. Fight Fight Fight eventually they will agree once they see no other options..
3. Emotional drama ka jaabaz bade emotional drame se do.
4. Hardest step is already over (telling your family) now it’s just about convincing them..
5. You might hurt your parents now but it’s just for a while.. Time heals all wounds.
6. Most important, after 10 years both of you will laugh over this tension.
Good luck my amigos.
I hope this post gives you additional boost..
I am always there for both of you!!