Not only my body but also my productivity has taken a toll by this scorching heat.
Most of the time, I am tired and lethargic.
After doing some research and as per my own understanding, I have noted down few pointers which I need to bring into my lifestyle.
1. Eat Healthy Food – Most of the diseases can be avoided if we eat the right food such as less oil, less spicy and fresh home made food. In our diet, we need to maximize intake of green vegetables and minimize intake of potato. Include curd and salad in your diet.
Note to myself – Need to watch out on the kind of food that I eat.
2. Virtues of Fruit – “Any fruit a day keeps doctor away”. Most of the fruits are rich in fibers and vitamins.
Rather than hogging a samosa chat in the evening, I need to start eating fruits.
Always prefer fruit over juice since juice has depleted content of vitamins as compare to that of fruit.
Note to myself – Need to buy apple and banana.
3. Breakfast – I always miss breakfast in the morning. Breakfast plays vital role in functioning of our body. In a survey conducted, people who regularly have breakfast were more active than people who skip breakfast.
Note to myself – Need to start eating oat meal or cereal meal in the morning.
4. Sedated Lifestyle – “Early to bed, Early to Rise”.
My own personal opinion says that when I follow this routine, I tend to perform better.
Effect of sleep on our body –
Too much of sleep = lazy and dull.
Less sleep = tired and grumbling.
Follow balance approach of 6-7hrs per day.
Note to myself – Need to sleep by 12.30 and wake up by 7am.
5. My precious water – 70% of our body weight comprises of water. We need to drink minimum 6L of water per day.
Note to myself – Need to drink plenty of water ! (bottoms up)
6. Exercise – Sadly, walking to the food court and typing on the keyboard are the only exercise that I perform in the entire day.
For those who think exercise can only be done in gym are wrong.
Do simple exercise such as – use staircase rather than lift, clean your house, do dish washing, clean your vehicle/car, walk in the lovely infosys campus and last but the most important exercise – help someone in any task.
Note to myself – Need to start stretching and exercising in the morning.
7. Reading – I started a habit of reading for at least half an hour before sleeping.
Due to this habit, my mind became active and fast.
It is very important to read interesting material since what you read, effects the way you think.
Note to myself – Need to upload new books in my kindle and start reading them. No more Excuse !
8. Day dreaming in the afternoon – During Post lunch, my mind start wandering through world where I’m filthy rich and all my aspirations are fulfilled. haha !
Note to myself – Need to wake up to the reality and stop been pensive.
9. Need to Quit drinking –
It has been more than a month since I quit drinking, although I was never a chronic alcoholic, only occasional drinker.
Note to myself – Anyways No more gulping down budweiser on friday night.
10. Positive attitude – Remember “Be positive” , Anil kapoor’s famous line from the movie No Entry. This line is simple and effective.
Note to myself – Need to be more optimistic.
P.S – I got one life, need to make it worth living (yeah, I’m going to hell in next one, Lol)
Posted from WordPress for BlackBerry.